Atty. Who Led Concussion Lawsuits Says Legal Fight Will Continue

It was previously reported that Judge Vanessa L. Bryant of The United States District Court of Connecticut officially dismissed all concussion-related lawsuits against WWE. The lawsuits were led by Attorney Konstantine Kyros.
Dozens of former WWE Superstars had sued the company – including WWE Hall Of Famers Road Warrior Animal, Paul Orndorff & Jimmy Snuka – over the lack of transparency and protection in regards to their health due to concussions, CTE and other head trauma injuries that they suffered while wrestling. Judge Bryant ruled that WWE is not liable for those injuries, stating that some of the complaints were filed incorrectly. She also said that the complaints were time barred by the five year statutes of limitations.
Kyros released the following statement on the matter:

“I stand for professional wrestlers who face the prospect of losing their identity and consciousness to the effects of a latent occupational disease that robs them of their sanity, comfort of their families and memories of everything they achieved entertaining the millions of people who love them.
“The lawsuits include some of the world’s most famous athletes including those diagnosed with CTE by the world’s foremost expert in CTE, including Jimmy Snuka and Mr. Fuji, whose brains were studied because of our advocacy and dedication to getting help for former WWE performers.
“The opinions expressed in today’s decision about my strong advocacy are inaccurate, bizarre and unworthy of the court. The reasoning of the opinion itself is flimsy as the court finds, in ignorance of the facts, that there is no reasonable basis for the assertions, despite a substantial body of medical peer reviewed literature going back almost a hundred years. In any event these are Jury issues as the plaintiffs demonstrated that the WWE knew about the risks of head injuries long before the 2007 date the court invents. Additionally the WWE misclassified, exploited, injured these people in violation of labor laws and continues to ignore that CTE even exists in professional wrestling. It is a sad ruling, and we trust the wrestlers claims will be better received in the appeals courts. I will continue to fight and advocate for wrestlers legal rights despite this tragic opinion that attempts to cast down my clients hopes for better lives.”
After Attorney Kyros released a statement on the matter, WWE’s Attorney, Jerry McDevitt, responded to Kyros’ statement and suggested that Kyros should be disbarred, as seen below:

“This is the same kind of drivel Kyros pawned off on former wrestlers when soliciting them to sue WWE by false statements that he had obtained a billion dollar settlement for NFL players and would do the same for wrestlers, when in fact he had absolutely nothing to do with getting that settlement,” said McDevitt. “He was caught repeatedly making false allegations; has been admonished repeatedly by federal judges about his dishonest behavior; and has now been subjected to two different sanction orders of the kind that would make most lawyers embarrassed and ashamed. The rant he sent you now insults the federal judge who issued the decision, and he still fails to address the basis of her opinion. He may well have been able to mislead those he solicited to join his lawsuits, but he will never succeed in misleading us or federal judges. Frankly, he should be disbarred.”
Some of the former WWE Superstars who were involved in the lawsuit against WWE included Road Warrior Animal, Paul Orndorff, Chavo Guerrero, Marty Jannetty and Sabu. The full list of former WWE Superstars who were involved can be viewed below:

A full list of all 51 Plaintiffs in the latest WWE lawsuit over CTE injuries.https://t.co/g74SmOcikk #wwecte pic.twitter.com/XkVSDlzNGG
— Chris Harrington (@mookieghana) July 19, 2016

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.